TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of September 14, 2017
1.The lowest pitched member of the string family is the
2.Which sentence is correct?
- His nose is maid of a zucchini.
- I carved a jack-o-lantern from my pumpkin last year.
- I'm not sure weather I will carve this one.
- It got to hot and it rotted fast.
- They're is a pumpkin on my front porch.
3.Which is most likely to be opinion?
- an editorial
- an almanac
- an index
- a table of contents
- a biography
4.Which is a carnivorous quadriped?
5.If you take the number of states that touch the Mississippi river and add the number of senators in Congress, you get a number that is:
- more than 15 dozen
- less than four score
- less than 11 squared
- more than a gross
- less than the number of days in autumn
6.The life cycle of an insect...
- lasts several years
- stops when he is a larva
- keeps him physically fit
- includes more than one stage
- all of these
7.Which invention was not made by an American?
- traffic light
- light bulb
8.If you add the number of legs on an arachnid and the legs on an insect, what is the largest factor of your total?
9.If you add up the number of sides on 14 triangles, 5 pentagons, and one octagon, the number would equal:
- the number of sides on 20 squares
- the number of wheels on 25 tricycles
- the number of states in the US
- the number of legs on 6 spiders
- the number of cents in four dimes
10.Which sentence is grammatically correct?
- Princesses are the hairs to the throne.
- None of the princesses are very old.
- The newest one is Princess Charlotte.
- Their is one named Prince Charles.
- They still have princesses in the British aisles.
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.