TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of January 14, 2018
1.Which word pair is not correct?
- Laborious - work
- Translucent - light
- Amiable - friend
- Deportment - carry
- Chronometer - name
2.Bob is older than Jeff. Amir is younger than Jeff. Glenn's age is between Amir and Jeff's. What is the order of the of the boys' age from oldest to youngest?
- Jeff, Glenn, Amir, Bob
- Bob, Jeff, Glenn, Amir
- Glenn, Amir, Bob, Jeff
- Amir, Bob, Jeff, Glenn
- Bob, Glenn, Amir, Jeff
3.You are standing facing south. If you turn 45 degrees to your left, you are facing:
4.Who had plentiful tresses?
- Jack Sprat
- King Midas
5.Which landform is not usually touching water?
6.Which of these cities is at the highest latitude?
- San Francisco
- New York
7.Which step should come first in this scrambled set of directions?
- Then repack your backpack for school tomorrow.
- Next, you will probably want a snack before you do anything else.
- When you get home, first hang up your jacket.
- Complete all your assignments so you'll be prepared.
- Once you've eaten, get out your books and find your assignments.
8.If you multiply the date of Valentine's Day by the date of Independence Day, you get:
9.To find the area of a rectangle, you need to know:
- the width
- all of these
- the length
- the kind of units used to measure it
- how to multiply
10.What is the next number in this sequence: 5, 10, 30, 120, 600, 3,600...?
© 2006-2018 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.