TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of January 13, 2017
1.My secret number is two less than a multiple of seven, and is divisible by nine. Which is it?
2.Which is not a migratory animal?
- Snow goose
- Monarch butterfly
- Grizzly bear
3.Which was invented last?
- Christmas tree
- covered wagon
4.Which is greatest?
- The number of countries that border France
- The number of children President Obama has
- The number of right angles in a rectangle
- The number of nouns in the Pledge of Allegiance
- The number of states that start with "M"
5.This term refers to a type of wagon used in the wagon trains that headed into the American west.
6.Which of the following organizations in your community is NOT supported by taxes?
- the road crews
- the public high school
- the police department
- the public elementary school
- The church on the square
7.Frogs cause warts is an example of
- a proverb
- a horse of a different color
- an old horse's tail
- a chip off the old block
- an old wive's tale
8.Which attempts to pump the heart?
9.Which does not belong?
10.Which word cannot be used as more than one part of speech?
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.