TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of April 22, 2017
1.Which pair of words fits in this sentence? "____ he nor _______ was able to speak."
- Either - they
- Either - me
- Once - no one
- Even - I
- Neither - I
2.Which of the great lakes lies farthest to the north?
3.Which of these sentences is correct?
- She is going to the mall with I.
- I been here twice before.
- Mom and Dad is buying me a bicycle.
- Last week we come to see the circus.
- In July we will go on vacation.
4.The purpose of Earth Day is
- for people to learn about and protect the environment
- for people to clean dust and grime from their cars
- for everyone to plant a garden
- for farmers to plow their fields
- for children to build sand castles
5.Which of the following proverbs is closest in meaning to, "All that glitters is not gold?"
- You can't judge a book by its cover.
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
- Haste makes waste.
- People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
6.Tim, Fred, and Bob are going on vacation with their parents. If there are three places in the back seat of the car, how many different seating arrangements of the 3 boys in the back seat are possible?
7.Who is most likely to use lyrics?
- a math teacher
- a horse tamer
- a doctor
- a singer
- a carpenter
8.Which one leapt above the lunar orb, according to a poem intended for juveniles?
- A ruminant female bovine
- An accelerating equine
- A prickly pine
- A reluctant canine
- A fickle feline
9.Which does not belong in the same food group with the rest?
- cottage cheese
10.Who has the longest trip home after visiting the Revolutionary War sites at Lexington and Concord?
- A golden stater
- A Chicagoan
- A sooner
- A buckeye
- A Floridian
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.