TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of March 18, 2017
1.A predicate is
- A type of building
- A part of a sentence
- A French automobile
- A stick-like insect
- A small mammal
2.Which number is not a prime?
3.Which is a carnivorous quadruped?
4.If all these characters had been real, which would have "lived" first?
- Tom Sawyer
- Ramona Quimby
5.If you traveled from the Keystone State to the Show Me State, what direction would you be traveling?
6.Which sentence has the fewest errors?
- My dad and me get out the bikes and pump up there tires so were ready to enjoy it.
- Our pets even change their behavior when the weather gets warm.
- Its just to nice outside to pay attention.
- Spring fever always hits my brother and I.
- Even when it reins, we know the clouds is temporary.
7.Which sentence should come first?
- Next, you will probably want a snack before you do anything else.
- Complete all your assignments so you'll be prepared.
- Then repack your backpack for school tomorrow
- When you get home, first hang up your jacket.
- Once you've eaten, get out your books and find your assignments.
8.Which combination would not yield a secondary color?
- red + blue
- yellow + blue
- blue + red
- red + yellow
- blue + orange
9.How many outs are there in a regulation-length game of professional baseball?
10.Which story takes place in a different country from the rest?
- The Red Balloon
- Dear Mr. Henshaw
- Ben and Me
- Cricket in Times Square
- Little House in the big Woods
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.