TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of November 15, 2017
1.In 1920, the fastest way to get from New York to Chicago was:
- By boat
- In a covered wagon
- By train
- By car
- By plane
2.Many of Mark Twain's stories are set along this river.
- The Potomac
- The Hudson
- The Rio Grande
- The Missouri
- The Mississippi
3.Travel from the panhandle of Idaho to the upper peninsula of Michigan takes you in what direction?
4.Looking ahead from now, which is in a correct sequence?
- Veterans, autumnal equinox, Columbus, Labor, winter solstice
- winter solstice, Martin Luther King Jr, vernal equinox, Memorial, Independence
- Presidents, Martin Luther King Jr, Columbus, Veterans, vernal equinox
- Columbus, Martin Luther King Jr, winter solstice, vernal equinox, Labor
- Valentines, Martin Luther King Jr, vernal equinox, Labor, Flag
5.Which pair is incorrect?
- Fish - gills
- Reptiles - vertebrae
- Amphibians - scales
- Mammals - hair
- Insects - thorax
6.Which event happened first?
- Paul Revere's ride
- The first airplane
- The Civil War
- The first automobile
- Invention of the electric light
7.The northern hemisphere has less daylight in November than in June because of:
- The high cost of electricity
- The colder weather
- The tilt of the earth's axis
- The position of other planets
- Greater distance from the sun
8.Which was invented last?
- Microwave oven
- Cell phone
9.The bear with the habitat that extends farthest to the north is the
- brown bear
- none of these
- black bear
- polar bear
- grizzly bear
10.Which of the following is not percussion instrument?
- Snare drum
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.