TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of February 16, 2018
1.Which sentence uses an incorrect idiom? (10 points)
- Our principal will throw the book at us if we misbehave.
- Sammy told the teacher it was my fault without batting an eye.
- I could argue with my mom until I was redhanded, but she'd never change her mind.
- I chickened out when my friend asked me to ride the roller coaster.
- Arthur thinks the test was a piece of cake.
2.Find the correct sentence. (5 points)
- The one who tried to rush did not win.
- The tortoise and the hair raced each other.
- Only two of them maid it to the finish.
- The won who kept a slow, steady pace came in first.
- There friends cheered them on.
3.The GOP has been in the news recently, especially because (20 points)
- This is an Olympic year.
- This is a "midterm" election year.
- It is dangerous to eat.
- They control oil prices.
- They sell kids' clothes.
4.Which is not part of a plant? (10 points)
5.How much time passes between 9:30 am and 11:00 am? (5 points)
- 3 hours
- 30 minutes
- 2.5 hours
- 2 hours
- 90 minutes
6.The first U.S. astronaut to orbit on the earth was: (5 points)
- John Glenn
- Alan Shepherd
- Neil Armstrong
- Yuri Gagarin
- Tom Hanks
7.If you are "on top of the world," you are: (5 points)
- the boss of many people
- confused about something
- on a tall chair
- very happy
- in Alaska
8.The president makes this address annually: (10 points)
- Gettysburg Address
- Change of Address
- Press conference
- State of the Union
9.Which of these is an adverb? (10 points)
10.Which is not a composite number? (20 points)
© 2006-2018 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.