TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of May 24, 2013
1."Fossil fuels" are fuels than come from: (10 points)
- foreign countries
- decayed or fossilized life forms
- frozen ground
2.Which sentence is grammatically correct? (5 points)
- Mom asked me did I bring home my history book.
- They is lots of things on sale at the mall.
- When they ask me the hard questions, I'll be ready.
- Sue and me have to study for exams.
- I want to finish soon so us kids can go shopping.
3.Salmon swim upstream to: (5 points)
- cool off
- find food
- get exercise
- lay their eggs
- visit relatives
4.Two popular book titles by the poet Shel Silverstein are about a distant part of the sidewalk and ... (10 points)
- an eternal elf
- a rodent and a motor vehicle
- a bear friend of Piglet
- a light far upstairs
- two amphibians
5.As of June 25 of any year, which of the following is true: (20 points)
- Northern hemisphere nights are getting shorter and southern hemisphere nights are getting longer.
- Northern hemisphere days are getting shorter and southern hemisphere nights are getting longer.
- Southern hemisphere nights and northern hemisphere nights are staying the same.
- Southern hemisphere days are getting shorter and northern hemisphere nights are getting longer.
- Northern hemisphere nights are getting longer and southern hemisphere days are getting longer
6.The British call this game football. The Americans call it: (5 points)
- dodge ball
7.Spiders are a part of this group of creatures (10 points)
8.Which pair is an incorrect match? (5 points)
- fiction- untrue
- tall tale- exaggeration
- fable - moral
- myth- true
- song - refrain
9.The number of prime numbers between (but not including) 20 and 50 is (10 points)
- the same as the number of days in a week
- the same as the number of composite numbers between (but not including) 10 and 20
- less than the number of weeks in a month
- the same as the number of items in a dozen
- more than the number of months in a year
10.Which comes last in this group? (20 points)
- Ronald W. R.
- George W. B.
- William J. C.
- Dwight D. E.
- John F. K.
© 2006-2013 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.