TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of April 28, 2017
1.Which of these decisions/actions in your family does NOT have an impact on the environment? (20 points)
- The number of miles your parent drives to work
- The number of old computers you throw away
- The day of the week when you do laundry
- The number of compact fluorescent lightbulbs you use
- The area of grass you plant in your yard
2.The fizz in your drink of soda pop comes from: (20 points)
- carbon dioxide
3.Which of these would you most likely find afloat? (10 points)
- a duster
- a dragon
- a dungaree
- a dirigible
- a dugout
4.It's a rodent or an input device. (5 points)
5.The part of a map that tells what the various symbols mean is called: (5 points)
- a table
- a legend
- a diagram
- an index
- a story
6.How does the moon get its light? (5 points)
- The moon is made of glowing gases.
- The moon absorbs radioactivity.
- The moon is on fire and generates its own light.
- It is reflected from the Sun.
- It is reflected from the Earth.
7.If they all wore socks, which would need the greatest number of pairs? (5 points)
- eight homo sapiens
- three arachnids
- twelve canines
- six songbirds
- seven ladybugs
8.Which of these would come first in a book? (10 points)
- copyright information
- table of contents
- first chapter
9.This underwater creature can grow a new tooth if it loses one. (10 points)
- manta ray
10.What is the next number in the sequence: 3,2,3,4,3,6,3... (10 points)
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.