TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of February 10, 2018
1.A soldier's pace is 36 inches. About how many paces will he take to walk a 2.5 mile parade route for Presidents Day?
2.Are parents always boss us around. They only leave us go to the mall with supervision. My brother and I don't really mind, though. Weed rather stay home and play video games while they go out. Sometimes the piece and quiet of home is nice.
How many grammatically correct sentences are there in this paragraph?
3.Which month is likely to have the lowest average HIGH temperature in Capetown?
4.The news media are already talking about mid-term elections because:
- The entire House and Senate are up for reelection.
- All governor's seats will be contested.
- Special elections will be held to replace open congressional seats.
- All 435 seats in the House of Representatives and 33 Senate seats will be contested.
- Primary elections begin for the 2020 presidential election.
5.Marian Anderson was a gifted:
6.Which has a greater number of dimensions?
- Still life
- Bas relief
7.Slaves could always:
- be paid for their work
- live with their families
- own property
- none of these
8.Which of these does not belong?
- Mezzo forte
9.Which sentence uses an incorrect idiom?
- I could argue with my mom until I was redhanded, but she'd never change her mind.
- Arthur thinks the test was a piece of cake.
- Our principal will throw the book at us if we misbehave.
- I chickened out when my friend asked me to ride the roller coaster.
- Sammy told the teacher it was my fault without batting an eye.
10.Caucuses and Primaries are
- ways to select candidates
- types of colors
- islands off Africa
- sections of the Capitol
- new species of pandas
© 2006-2018 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.