TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of December 7, 2017
1.Bob is older than Jeff. Amir is younger than Jeff. Glenn's age is between Amir and Jeff's. What is the order of the of the boys' age from oldest to youngest?
- Bob, Glenn, Amir, Jeff
- Glenn, Amir, Bob, Jeff
- Jeff, Glenn, Amir, Bob
- Bob, Jeff, Glenn, Amir
- Amir, Bob, Jeff, Glenn
2.Larva is to pupa as
- Egg is to hatch
- Child is to teen
- Butterfly is to moth
- Toddler is to mother
- Dog is to puppy
3.The department store advertised "take an additional 15% off" the sale price of 50% off. A scooter originally priced at $120 would cost:
4.Which match is correct?
- Shakespeare - Whose woods these are, I think I know...
- Emma Lazarus - your poor, your huddled masses...
- Homer Simpson - I shall return
- George Washington - Fourscore and seven years ago...
- Rudolph Guilliani - I have a dream...
5.The candles on Rachel's menorah burn only 6 hours. If she kept her menorah lit for 3 hours each night, how many candles did she need to buy to keep her menorah properly lit for all 7 nights of Hanukkah?
6.Which invention happened last?
- Sewing machine
7.Which does not act as a leavening agent in holiday baking?
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
8.The Azores are:
- Islands in the Atlantic Ocean
- Organs near your liver
- Lakes in Africa
- A famous family of acrobats
- Symptoms of a tropical disease
9.December 15, 1791 is the date what was ratified?
- The first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution (The Bill of Rights)
- the 11th and 12th Amendments
- Women's right to vote
- the 14th Amendment
10.Which sentence is correct?
- The daze is two short.
- None of us likes winter.
- Are cars won't start.
- Its too cold and dark.
- It really annoys my friend and I.
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.