TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of January 27, 2023
1.Origami is a kind of:
- internal organ
- race horse
- paper art form
- percussion instrument
2.Which of these is an example of potential energy?
- a broken spoon
- a flying meteor
- a stretched rubber band
- a weighted baseball bat
- A hanging pulley
3.Which of these homophones is the WRONG spelling of a piece of a snack food we often associate with movies and baseball games?
4.Which does not belong?
- still life
5.Which person was a famous conductor, but not of an orchestra?
- Clara Barton
- John Kennedy
- Martin Luther King
- Harriet Tubman
- George WAshington Carver
6.Which of the sentences from this scrambled paragraph is the topic sentence?
- Sometimes they will even protect you from danger.
- Dogs can be great companions if you take care of them.
- Some dogs help blind people stay safe.
- A dog can keep the elderly from being lonely.
- They need your love and will return it willingly.
7.The small rectangles of color in a computer graphic are called:
8.The days in February in the U.S. grow longer because:
- the school year is more than half over
- St. Patrick's Day is coming
- the northern hemisphere is tilting closer to the Sun
- daylight saving time starts soon
- the moon is closer to the earth
9.When the western US has unusually frigid weather, what is most likely to happen as a result?
- Colorado ski areas will close for lack of snow.
- Orange juice will become cheaper.
- Westerners will be eating loads of strawberry shortcake.
- Fruits and vegetables will cost more.
- Guacamole will be the cheapest dip for Final Four parties.
10.A caption is usually found:
- stuck to your shoe
- in the army
- on your head
- in prison
- below a picture
© 2006-2023 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.