TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of May 31, 2020
1.Which sentence is correct?
- Ours is getting warn.
- Its Flag Day soon.
- Dad should of bought a new one.
- We'll fly are flag.
- Everyone should have a new Old Glory.
2.It's 3:00 in the afternoon in your United States location, and your umbrella shadow is pointing toward the ocean. Where are you?
- San Francisco
- Santa Barbara
3.A canyon is usually created by:
- paths created by animals
- wind blowing over a field
- melting ice
- ruts from automobile tires
- water in a river bed
4.Which is an aquatic species?
5.Which is most likely to be an ingredient in coal?
6.If a plane is flying at 21,000 feet about how many miles is it above the earth?
7.Which is greatest?
- The perimeter of a regular octagon with 6 inch sides
- The perimeter of a 6 inch square.
- The perimeter of an equilateral triangle with one side measuring 8 inches
- The length of a rectangle whose area is 120 and width is 6 inches
- The diagonal of a 4 inch square
8.These summer storms begin off the coast of Africa and sometimes damage the United States.
9.Which of these states does not border any of the others?
10.What island country is less than 100 miles from the southeastern United States?
- New Zealand
© 2006-2020 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.