TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of January 13, 2021
1.Which musical time signature can also be represented by a letter of the alphabet?
2.Which story element comes last?
- rising action
3.Why are there power outlets at parking spaces in colder cities such as Calgary?
- Because they have solar power.
- Because it gets dark early.
- Because everyone drives electric cars.
- Because headlights work better when plugged in.
- Because cold oil is very viscous.
4.During this period of cultural re-awakening, painters and sculptors in Europe created hundreds of new works of art.
- World War I
- The Middle Ages
- The Reformation
- The Industrial Revolution
- The Renaissance
5.Which pair is not correct?
- Louvre-- Paris
- Vatican - Rome
- Pentagon - Washington
- Coliseum -- Pisa
- Parthenon - Athens
6.Ebony is to ivory as bored is to:
7.Who is known for inventing cubism?
8.This haunting American poet and writer lived in the same city where another man penned a famous anthem concerning fiery projectiles and their ruby-colored light emissions:
- J. London
- S. Clemens
- E. A. Poe
- T. S. Eliot
- R. Frost
9.Around the end of January each year, the U.S. Chief Executive does this:
- Unites the States of Delivery
- Pardons the Union of the State
- Unifies the Commander in Chief
- Delivers the State of the Union
- States the Delivery of Unions
10.Which does not contain an error?
- More then half the class failed.
- Now everyone who failed will have to have his or her parents sign the test.
- None of the kids were ready for the test.
- Each kid could have improved their score.
- They mist at least ten questions a peace.
© 2006-2021 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.