TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of May 19, 2019
1.Which one of these has an answer of 20?
- Years Rip Van Winkle slept
- Heads on a Hydra
- Thieves confronted by Ali Baba
- Leagues the Nautilus descended
- Number of Snow White's dwarves
2.What is the name of the South American strait named after the first explorer to circumnavigate the globe?
3.Which of your internal organs is most affected by hepatitis?
4.Which pair does not go together?
- CIA and FBI
- NTSB and FAA
- MPH and MPG
- NATO and AFL/CIO
- DJIA and NASDAQ
5.Which is least likely to give different readings at the bottom and summit of Mount Washington?
6.Which country was not an American ally in World War II?
7.The border between these two countries is mountainous and porous to terrorists
- Israel and Egypt
- Madagascar and Mozambique
- Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Germany and Poland
- U.S. and Mexico
8.If you take a walk on a clear night in Melbourne, which constellation might you see?
- the southern cross
- the little dipper
- canis major
- The big dipper
9.Which sentence is correct?
- Let it alone and don't scratch it.
- Let me pack so I can leave for school on time.
- Leave go of the dog or he might bite you.
- When you finish the test, let it on my desk.
- The principal left me go home early.
10.The rate at which an object's speed increases is called:
© 2006-2019 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.