OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the "44 education Twitter chats worth your time."
Are you looking for an engaging, conversation-driven professional learning opportunity? Participate in one of our bimonthly #OK2Ask Twitter chats!
Follow @SFLOK2Ask and tweet with us the first and third Thursday each month at 8 PM ET using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Discover new perspectives, resources, and strategies related to timely education topics and connect with other educators during our educational Twitter chats!
Why Twitter Chats?
#OK2Ask Twitter chats are informative, relaxed, first-timer-friendly professional learning events that provide a comfortable way to meet new people with similar interests while adding to your teaching toolbox.
Our Twitter chats are a great way for educators and pre-service teachers to:
- Exchange ideas, strategies, resources, and best practices with other educators.
- Learn about hot topics with perspectives from expert moderators.
- Share what you know with other educators.
- Grow your personal learning network.
How to Participate
You can participate in #OK2Ask Twitter chats by tweeting responses to moderator questions and other participants' perspectives using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst, following chatters whose ideas resonate with you, or reading and favoriting tweets with resources you want to reference later. Our chats are first-timer-friendly to make participating worry-free—the more you share, the more you'll get out of the event!
Getting started is easy:
- Follow us on Twitter: @SFLOK2Ask.
- Log in on mobile or your desktop at the chat time and visit our page to see the first question.
- Tweet your response using #OK2Ask #TeachersFirst.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter chats on @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or Twitter user, these upcoming sessions are for you!
Want to receive Twitter chat reminders right to your inbox? Join our mailing list!
August 19 • 8PM ET: Back-to-School Planning and Preparation
- Explore strategies and resources for planning and preparation.
- Collaborate on ideas for overcoming challenges in the classroom.
- Share resources for professional learning and development.
September 2 • 8PM ET: Creating a Community of Learners
- Discuss the components of building a classroom community.
- Share strategies and resources to foster an inclusive classroom community.
- Explore ways to build connections in the classroom despite our differences.
September 16 • 8PM ET: Digging into Digital Literacy
- Share strategies to evaluate sources for reliability and bias.
- Discuss the use of digital tools and resources for safe digital communication practices.
- Explore critical thinking approaches to empower students to embrace digital literacy.
October 7 • 8PM ET: Social Media Literacy
- Identify the main purpose and objectives of media literacy.
- Discuss the impact of social media on media literacy skills.
- Explore social media literacy strategies and resources.
October 21 • 8PM ET: Level Up Learning with Gamification
- Define gamification.
- Explore gamification strategies and resources.
- Share gamification integration ideas.
November 4 • 8PM ET: Collaborative vs. Cooperative Learning
- Define and discuss the difference between collaboration and cooperation.
- Explore collaboration and cooperation tools and resources.
- Share cooperative and collaborative classroom strategies.
November 18 • 8PM ET: Trust the Process: Computational Thinking
- Define computational thinking strategies.
- Explore tools and resources to develop computational thinking.
- Share computational thinking classroom integration ideas.
December 2 • 8PM ET: The Science of Learning
- Define and discuss retrieval practices.
- Explore evidence-based strategies.
- Share strategies and resources to mix up your teaching practices and engage students.
December 16 • 8PM ET: Technology Integration Frameworks
- Define and discuss technology integration frameworks.
- Explore strategies to implement those frameworks in the classroom.
- Share tech tools and resources that support the use of technology integration frameworks.