OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the "44 education Twitter chats worth your time."
Are you looking for an engaging, conversation-driven professional learning opportunity? Participate in one of our bimonthly #OK2Ask Twitter chats!
Follow @SFLOK2Ask and tweet with us the first and third Thursday each month at 8 PM ET using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Discover new perspectives, resources, and strategies related to timely education topics and connect with other educators during our educational Twitter chats!
Why Twitter Chats?
#OK2Ask Twitter chats are informative, relaxed, first-timer-friendly professional learning events that provide a comfortable way to meet new people with similar interests while adding to your teaching toolbox.
Our Twitter chats are a great way for educators and pre-service teachers to:
- Exchange ideas, strategies, resources, and best practices with other educators.
- Learn about hot topics with perspectives from expert moderators.
- Share what you know with other educators.
- Grow your personal learning network.
How to Participate
You can participate in #OK2Ask Twitter chats by tweeting responses to moderator questions and other participants' perspectives using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst, following chatters whose ideas resonate with you, or reading and favoriting tweets with resources you want to reference later. Our chats are first-timer-friendly to make participating worry-free—the more you share, the more you'll get out of the event!
Getting started is easy:
- Follow us on Twitter: @SFLOK2Ask.
- Log in on mobile or your desktop at the chat time and visit our page to see the first question.
- Tweet your response using #OK2Ask #TeachersFirst.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter chats on @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or Twitter user, these upcoming sessions are for you!
Want to receive Twitter chat reminders right to your inbox? Join our mailing list!
January 6 • 8PM ET: Strategies for SEL
- Discuss ways to develop self-awareness and self-management skills.
- Share resources for students to use social-awareness and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Explore ways for students to develop empathy.
January 20 • 8PM ET: Diving into Digital Writing
- Discuss strategies for maximizing available classroom technology.
- Explore alternative ways to use tech tools for digital writing experiences.
- Share tips for integrating digital writing experiences in the classroom.
February 3 • 8PM ET: Research Skills Round Up
- Discuss the purpose for research in the classroom.
- Explore research strategies and resources for use in the classroom.
- Share ideas for integrating student research across the curriculum.
February 17 • 8PM ET: Using Spreadsheets and Forms in the Classroom
- Explore the features of forms and spreadsheets.
- Share ways to integrate forms and spreadsheets in the classroom for student use.
- Collaborate on ideas about how teachers can use forms and spreadsheets in instruction.
March 3 • 8PM ET: Curation in the Classroom
- Discuss curation strategies and their use in education for student projects.
- Share resources and tech tools that assist both teachers and students with curation of resources.
- Explore ways to incorporate the use of curated resources in the classroom.
March 17 • 8PM ET: Triple E Framework
- Define and discuss the Triple E Framework.
- Explore strategies to implement the Triple E framework in the classroom.
- Share tech tools and resources that support the use of the Triple E framework.