OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the “40 education Twitter chats worth your time”
See this ISTE blog post by Diana Fingal
Twitter chats provide educators with an opportunity to connect and grow their PLN (personal learning network) based on shared interests. A Twitter chat or tweet chat is a live, real-time, Twitter event where a group of Twitter users meet at a predetermined time to discuss a specific topic, using a designated hashtag, in our case, #OK2Ask.
Twitter chats are a great way for educators to:
- Connect with other educators
- Exchange ideas
- Learn about hot new topics & trends
- Share best practices
- Reach out for help
- Provide assistance
Twitter chats are 'pajama-compatible' professional learning events that provide a great non-threatening way to meet new people with similar interests. While you can participate without contributing to the conversation, you will get more from the activity if you share. Keep in mind that traditional networking social customs apply — courtesy and respect.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter Chats @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask. See our schedule of upcoming topics below. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or twitter user, these sessions are for you!
Click here for more information about how to participate in our Twitter chats.
January 7 • 8PM ET: Inspire Ingenuity and Creativity in your Classroom
- Define and discuss the components of design thinking.
- Explore the role of ingenuity and creativity in education.
- Share resources and digital tools that can help manage the creative process in your classroom.
January 21 • 8PM ET: Maximize Learning: Classroom Management for Remote Learning
- Discuss the components of classroom management for positive remote learning experiences.
- Share classroom management practices for remote learning.
- Explore tools and resources to assist with remote classroom management strategies.
February 4 • 8PM ET: Tech Tools to Support Reading and Writing
- Discuss ways to use technology to empower students in ELA.
- Explore strategies that support reading and writing.
- Share tips for using tech tools to support students in ELA.
February 18 • 8PM ET: Authentic Assessment Strategies and Resources
- Discuss the instructional goals of authentic assessments.
- Share tech tools and resources for authentic assessment experiences.
- Explore strategies to authentically assess students.
March 4 • 8PM ET: Math Resource Round-Up
- Discuss strategies to empower students in mathematics.
- Explore strategies and resources to enhance mathematics instruction.
- Share tips for using tech tools to support mathematics learning experiences.
March 18 • 8PM ET: OK2Ask Campfire: Digital Storytelling Strategies and Resources
- Define and discuss the basic elements of digital storytelling.
- Share tech tools and resources that support digital story experiences.
- Collaborate on ideas to integrate digital storytelling across your curriculum.
Access archives of past chats here.
Want to receive reminder emails about our Twitter Chats? Sign up below: