OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the "44 education Twitter chats worth your time."
Are you looking for an engaging, conversation-driven professional learning opportunity? Participate in one of our bimonthly #OK2Ask Twitter chats!
Follow @SFLOK2Ask and tweet with us the first and third Thursday each month at 8 PM ET using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Discover new perspectives, resources, and strategies related to timely education topics and connect with other educators during our educational Twitter chats!
Why Twitter Chats?
#OK2Ask Twitter chats are informative, relaxed, first-timer-friendly professional learning events that provide a comfortable way to meet new people with similar interests while adding to your teaching toolbox.
Our Twitter chats are a great way for educators and pre-service teachers to:
- Exchange ideas, strategies, resources, and best practices with other educators.
- Learn about hot topics with perspectives from expert moderators.
- Share what you know with other educators.
- Grow your personal learning network.
How to Participate
You can participate in #OK2Ask Twitter chats by tweeting responses to moderator questions and other participants' perspectives using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst, following chatters whose ideas resonate with you, or reading and favoriting tweets with resources you want to reference later. Our chats are first-timer-friendly to make participating worry-free—the more you share, the more you'll get out of the event!
Getting started is easy:
- Follow us on Twitter: @SFLOK2Ask.
- Log in on mobile or your desktop at the chat time and visit our page to see the first question.
- Tweet your response using #OK2Ask #TeachersFirst.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter chats on @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or Twitter user, these upcoming sessions are for you!
Want to receive Twitter chat reminders right to your inbox? Join our mailing list!
March 17 • 8PM ET: Triple E Framework
- Define and discuss the Triple E Framework.
- Explore strategies to implement the Triple E framework in the classroom.
- Share tech tools and resources that support the use of the Triple E framework.
April 7 • 8PM ET: Hyperdocs
- Define and discuss the components of Hyperdocs.
- Explore tools and resources to create Hyperdocs.
- Share classroom integration ideas for Hyperdocs.
April 21 • 8PM ET: Images
- Discuss ways to use images in the classroom to enhance instruction.
- Explore image resources for students and teachers.
- Share image integration ideas for the classroom.
May 5 • 8PM ET: Strategies and Resources for Language Learners
- Discuss ways to use technology to empower language learners in the classroom.
- Explore instructional strategies that support language learners.
- Share tips for using tech tools in the classroom to support language learners.
May 19 • 8PM ET: Power of PBL
- Discuss the instructional goals of authentic assessments.
- Share tech tools and resources for authentic assessment experiences.
- Explore strategies for authentically assessing students.
June 2 • 8PM ET: Fostering Engagement & Creativity
- Define and discuss creativity and engagement in the classroom.
- Explore strategies for creating creative and engaging classroom experiences.
- Share tech tools and resources that foster creativity in the classroom.
June 16 • 8PM ET: Student Knowledge Construction
- Discuss knowledge construction as an active process.
- Explore classroom strategies that allow for student knowledge construction.
- Share tech tools and resources for knowledge construction in the classroom.