OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the “40 education Twitter chats worth your time”
See this ISTE blog post by Diana Fingal
Twitter chats provide educators with an opportunity to connect and grow their PLN (personal learning network) based on shared interests. A Twitter chat or tweet chat is a live, real-time, Twitter event where a group of Twitter users meet at a predetermined time to discuss a specific topic, using a designated hashtag, in our case, #OK2Ask.
Twitter chats are a great way for educators to:
- Connect with other educators
- Exchange ideas
- Learn about hot new topics & trends
- Share best practices
- Reach out for help
- Provide assistance
Twitter chats are ‘pajama-compatible’ professional learning events that provide a great non-threatening way to meet new people with similar interests. While you can participate without contributing to the conversation, you will get more from the activity if you share. Keep in mind that traditional networking social customs apply — courtesy and respect.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter Chats @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask. See our schedule of upcoming topics below. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or twitter user, these sessions are for you!
Click here for more information about how to participate in our Twitter chats.
January 4 • 8PM EDT: Tech Tools for Classroom Management
January 18 • 8PM EDT: Project Based Learning
February 1 • 8PM EDT: Preparing for Digital Learning Day
February 15 • 8PM EDT: Tackle the Engineering Design Process With Students
March 1 • 8PM EDT: Using Technology to Generate Ideas in the Classroom
March 15 • 8PM EST: Using Social Media to Increase Student Engagement
April 5 • 8PM EDT: Virtual Collaboration Within the Classroom
- Share tech tools to facilitate collaboration between students
- Discuss ways to manage and implement activities that foster active collaboration and communication
- Share ideas on how to successfully assess student collaboration
April 19 • 8PM EDT: Don’t Flip Out, Flip Your Classroom!
- Define and explore the idea of a flipped classroom
- Share practical idea/tips on how to get started in providing flipped instruction
- Discuss tech tools that facilitate flipped instruction
May 3 • 8PM EDT: Formative Assessment Tools
- Discuss the instructional goals of formative assessment
- Share tech tools that assist in formatively assessing students
- Explore new ideas for how to best assess your students
May 17 • 8PM EDT: Trend-worthy Tech Tools
- Discuss current edtech trends
- Share popular tech tools for the K-12 classroom
- Expand your knowledge of tools that exist for various educational purposes within the classroom
June 7 • 8PM EDT: Infusing STEM Into Any Classroom
- Discuss ways to incorporate STEM into any content area
- Share tech tools that promote STEM activities
- Discuss ways to promote critical thinking skills through STEM education
June 21 • 8PM EST: Using Social Media Practice Spaces in the Classroom
- Discuss ways to promote digital citizenship within the classroom
- Share tech tools and activities that can be used to allow students to practice social media skills
- Collaborate with other educators to share promising practices around edtech in the classroom
Access archives of past chats here.
Want to receive reminder emails about our Twitter Chats? Sign up below: