OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the “40 education Twitter chats worth your time”
See this ISTE blog post by Diana Fingal
Twitter chats provide educators with an opportunity to connect and grow their PLN (personal learning network) based on shared interests. A Twitter chat or tweet chat is a live, real-time, Twitter event where a group of Twitter users meet at a predetermined time to discuss a specific topic, using a designated hashtag, in our case, #OK2Ask.
Twitter chats are a great way for educators to:
- Connect with other educators
- Exchange ideas
- Learn about hot new topics & trends
- Share best practices
- Reach out for help
- Provide assistance
Twitter chats are ‘pajama-compatible’ professional learning events that provide a great non-threatening way to meet new people with similar interests. While you can participate without contributing to the conversation, you will get more from the activity if you share. Keep in mind that traditional networking social customs apply — courtesy and respect.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter Chats @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask. See our schedule of upcoming topics below. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or twitter user, these sessions are for you!
Click here for more information about how to participate in our Twitter chats.
May 3 • 8PM ET: Formative Assessment Tools
- Discuss the instructional goals of formative assessment
- Share tech tools that assist in formatively assessing students
- Explore new ideas for how to best assess your students
May 17 • 8PM ET: Trend-worthy Tech Tools
- Discuss current edtech trends
- Share popular tech tools for the K-12 classroom
- Expand your knowledge of tools that exist for various educational purposes within the classroom
June 7 • 8PM ET: Infusing STEM Into Any Classroom
- Discuss ways to incorporate STEM into any content area
- Share tech tools that promote STEM activities
- Discuss ways to promote critical thinking skills through STEM education
June 21 • 8PM ET: Using Social Media Practice Spaces in the Classroom
- Discuss ways to promote digital citizenship within the classroom
- Share tech tools and activities that can be used to allow students to practice social media skills
- Collaborate with other educators to share promising practices around edtech in the classroom
July 5 • 8PM ET: Technology and the 4Cs
- Define and explore the 4Cs of education
- Share ways to integrate technology into 21st century lesson planning
- Share tech tools to facilitate higher order thinking and deeper learning
July 19 • 8PM ET: Infusing Global Learning Experiences
- Discuss the tenets of global learning initiatives
- Share ways to utilize technology to facilitate global learning experiences
- Explore ways to provide students with an audience beyond the classroom to share their knowledge
August 2 • 8PM ET: Digital Storytelling
- Define and discuss the basic principles of digital storytelling
- Share tech tools that can be used for students to communicate and share knowledge
- Share resources to help with lesson planning which incorporates digital storytelling
August 16 • 8PM ET: Keep Calm and Chat: All Things Back to School!
- Share resources and ideas for a successful start to back to school
- Discuss instructional trends or “hot topics” for the 2018-2019 school year
- Share management strategies for how to create an organized and successful start to the year
Access archives of past chats here.
Want to receive reminder emails about our Twitter Chats? Sign up below: