OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the “40 education Twitter chats worth your time”
See this ISTE blog post by Diana Fingal
Twitter chats provide educators with an opportunity to connect and grow their PLN (personal learning network) based on shared interests. A Twitter chat or tweet chat is a live, real-time, Twitter event where a group of Twitter users meet at a predetermined time to discuss a specific topic, using a designated hashtag, in our case, #OK2Ask.
Twitter chats are a great way for educators to:
- Connect with other educators
- Exchange ideas
- Learn about hot new topics & trends
- Share best practices
- Reach out for help
- Provide assistance
Twitter chats are ‘pajama-compatible’ professional learning events that provide a great non-threatening way to meet new people with similar interests. While you can participate without contributing to the conversation, you will get more from the activity if you share. Keep in mind that traditional networking social customs apply — courtesy and respect.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter Chats @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask. See our schedule of upcoming topics below. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or twitter user, these sessions are for you!
Click here for more information about how to participate in our Twitter chats.
June 20 • 8PM ET: Ways for Educators to Stay “Connected” Over the Summer
- Discuss the importance of ongoing professional learning and development
- Share ways to build and maintain a PLN during the summer
- Share resources for educators to stay connected all year long
July 18 • 8PM ET: Differentiating Instruction in a 1:1 Environment
- Discuss benefits and challenges of teaching in a 1:1 environment
- Share edtech resources that allow for differentiated learning paths
- Explore ways to integrate technology into the classroom
August 1 • 8PM ET: Keep Calm and Get Ready for a Successful School Year!
- Share resources and ideas for a successful start to back to school
- Discuss instructional trends or “hot topics” for the 2019-2020 school year
- Share management strategies for how to create an organized and successful start to the year
August 15 • 8PM ET: What’s the Buzz: Augmented Reality
- Define augmented reality and explore reasons for implementation
- Discuss ways to incorporate AR into the classroom
- Share AR tools and resources that will assist in planning successful lessons
Access archives of past chats here.
Want to receive reminder emails about our Twitter Chats? Sign up below: